We understand what home means to a New Yorker – a place to live life on your own terms.
Our University Avenue Assisted Living, constructed in 2014, offers modern, affordable housing for qualified seniors who need supportive services. These studio apartments are modern and furnished, with a private bathroom and kitchenette.
- Three meals a day, served restaurant style, in a spacious dining room
- Onsite Wellness Center, providing personal care services and medication assistance under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Case Management and Care Coordination
- Programs that support socialization, creativity and wellness
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Laundry room available for resident use
Our 72-bed University Avenue Assisted Living facility is right for you if you are a Medicaid-eligible New Yorker aged 65 years or over, and are independent yet require supportive services. These could include help with medications, showering, dressing, grooming, housekeeping, laundry and supervision.
University Avenue Assisted Living will be available to Medicaid-eligible seniors who are independent, yet require support services.
- Individuals 65 years and older (Individuals 55 to 64 years old are considered based on need and availability)
- Medicaid recipient
- Social Security Income recipient
- In need of supportive services: assistance with medications, showering, dressing, grooming, housekeeping, laundry and meal preparation
Application Process Requirements
- Personal interview
- Financial verification
- Medical evaluation by a Physician
- Nurse assessment
Seniors and their families are invited to inquire about availability. Completion of a full financial questionnaire and a general application are required prior to the applicant’s personal interview. Following the personal interview, appropriate candidates will be asked to submit a medical evaluation completed by their physician and participate in a Nursing Assessment.
To build this high-quality living option for seniors in the Bronx, Jewish Home received a Department of Health HEAL Grant with support from Community Board 7. University Avenue Assisted Living is regulated by the New York State Department of Health.
University Avenue Assisted Living
2553 University Avenue, Bronx, NY 10468
For inquiries, please download and fill out this form and send to gro.e1550480722mohhs1550480722iwej@1550480722ogiVT1550480722.
>> Download Form (PDF)
We are now accepting applications for Medicaid Assisted Living. Please call or email today for more information. Haga clic aquí.