Adult Day Health Care Programs
The New Jewish Home operates Adult Day Health Care programs in the Bronx and Manhattan.
THE BRONX AND MANHATTAN CAMPUSES
Health Care Services
Physical, occupational and speech therapy
Health monitoring and skilled nursing care, including wound care and rehabilitation
Nutritional counseling and social work services
Help with personal needs and activities of daily living (ADL)
Our BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROGRAM provides integrated physical and mental health services. We offer a nurturing and supportive setting for people who have medical conditions combined with depression, anxiety, or serious mental illness. Group sessions focus on building skills such as relaxation, problem-solving, and activities of daily living.
Our DIABETES MANAGEMENT PROGRAM provides educational activities and health monitoring for individuals with diabetes. The program offers self-care and diabetes management, focusing on meal planning and peer support.
AT OUR BRONX CAMPUS
Our new state-of-the-art Adult Day Health Care Program offers medical, social, and therapeutic services. The spacious 23,000 square-foot facility is a welcoming and secure space, conveniently located off the Hutchinson Parkway in the Bronx. We provide support to people with chronic health conditions.
- Four themed dining areas for nutritious meals and healthy snacks
- Private suites with professional rehabilitation equipment, including a recumbent cross trainer, treadmill, and leg extension machine
- Individual areas for massage, electrotherapy, and ultrasound treatment
- Hundreds of books, periodicals, and magazines in a spacious library
- Calming garden room for reflection and meditation
- Welcoming lounge with a cozy fireplace
- Six recreational areas, including an arts-and-crafts room
- Wide range of classes, including art, music, gardening, and photography
- High-tech media center and computer lab for individual and group learning
Night Care provides a safe place for people with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. This gives family members much-needed respite and relief.
AT OUR MANHATTAN CAMPUS
- Yoga, Tai Chi and other exercise groups
- Falls prevention program
- Arts, singing and discussion groups
- Field trips
Contact Us about our Adult Day Health Care Programs
THE BRONX CAMPUS
Hutchinson Metro Center
North Lobby on the 1st Floor
1200 Waters Place
Bronx, NY 10461
THE MANHATTAN CAMPUS
140 West 106th Street
New York, NY 10025
HOURS AT BOTH LOCATIONS
Monday to Saturday
9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday
2:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Contact us for hours
Or call us at 718.484.5639